Monthly Archives: October 2008
Here is my list of my 13 top television shows this fall and then a few honorable mentions and the ones that drove me to boredom and got dropped from my list!
- HEROES – I even watch the webisodes. This show is kick-ASS!
- A Tie Between EUREKA and MAD MEN – Eureka is just plain cool, weird and wonderful! As for Mad Men: I love this show since I spent a few decades in the ad game. And it’s set back in the sixties so it’s Retro too – you know me, love my Retro! By the way, since I’m as old as the hills, I remember this glass ceiling-cigar smoking-b.s. ridden boy’s locker room atmosphere very well!
- LIFE – This guy intrigues me. Very Zen on the outside and Seething Retribution on the inside!
- BOSTON LEGAL – I cannot get enough of these brilliant but seriously twisted lawyers. I thought I heard this was the last season? Oh no, say it ain’t so!
- THE MENTALIST – This is kind of the same guy as on LIFE but without the Zen shell. This guy also has some great hair!
- THE BIG BANG THEORY – Can’t get enough of these MENSA soaked geeks and their nerd humor – My favorite nerd is Sheldon (Jim Parsons). I wish they’d dump the “hot girl neighbor” (Kaley Cuoko as Penny) and move Leslie Winkle (Sarah Gilbert) in as a permanent cast member!
- MONK – Still love the “Defective Detective” – Go Tony Shaloub!
- PSYCH – Shawn Spencer (James Roday) is a fake “Psychic Detective” and has an uptight, lifelong friend, Burton “Gus” Gustor, as his side kick. They have flashbacks to when both were kids (Fun!) and even Cartoon Flashbacks! I love Gus (Dule Hill, last seen on West Wing).
- UGLY BETTY – I’m going to start an “I love Ugly Betty” Fan Club, membership – 1.
- DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES – I call this Desperate Fishwives and this is my fav soap opera on TV. I also love seeing all the women over the age of teenybopper showing up on TV lately as Sex Symbols (see Boston Legal -Candace Bergen, Brothers and Sisters -Sally Field, etc)!
- BROTHER AND SISTERS – Well, Sally Field is a Grandma here! And this show should make all “only children” thankful!
- BONES – I love “Bones” (Dr. Temperance “Bones” Brennan. Emily Deschanel) because she’s so “un-girly”! And David Boreanaz as Agent Booth is just too cute trying to deal with her.
- SONS OF ANARCHY – Who would have thought that someday there would be a TV show about Hell’s Angels wannabees???? Check it out, but watch for adult language and nudity and all the stuff that makes this interesting.
HONORABLE MENTIONS: Hell’s Kitchen (love my kitchen drama), Samantha Who (amnesia is funny!), Dirty Sexy $ (gotta love melodrama about rich pain-in-the-asses), Criminal Minds (still good but I miss Mandy).
SHOWS THAT FINALLY BORED ME TO DEATH: LOST – (so over it – except for Hurley – love Hurley! Make a series just about him! (Jorge Garcia plays Hugo “Hurley” Reyes)
ER – Finally the last season. Who cared after George Clooney?
ALL THE CSIs – I loved the original CSI in the beginning but it lost me last year. CSI-NY – I love Gary Sinise but hate his wooden character “Mac”. CSI-Miami – David Caruso – ick.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants